Why Should You Learn HTML5
HTML5 is the newest specification for HTML, and many browsers are going to start supporting it in the future. One nice thing about HTML5 is that it attempts to stay backwards compatible. So if you don't want to learn it just yet, you don't need to.
If you build Web applications you will eventually want to learn HTML5. There are a lot of new attributes and tags built just for Web applications. For instance, there are a number of new event handlers for drag and drop.
Features of Html 5
- Styling: letting authors write more sophisticated themes.
- Multimedia: making video and audio first-class citizens in the Open Web.
- Semantics: allowing you to describe more precisely what your content is.
- Connectivity: allowing you to communicate with the server in new and innovative ways.
- Offline & Storage: allowing webpages to store data on the client-side locally and operate offline more efficiently.
- 2D/3D Graphics & Effects: allowing a much more diverse range of presentation options.
- Performance & Integration: providing greater speed optimization and better usage of computer hardware.
- Device Access: allowing for the usage of various input and output devices.
For example, following small HTML5 code snippet an example given for creating a simple web page:
<title>Title of the document</title>
Content of the document...
This article contains introduction & features of HTML 5. I hope you will find this article useful. If you have any question or suggestion regarding this article, than please make comment, i would like to reply for that.